Red Thread Chronicles

An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break. -- Ancient Chinese Proverb



Thursday, June 15, 2006

It's the little things ...

So now that we're officially waiting, my mind is officially wandering. (Which is a nice way to say "obsessing.") And, believe me, there are so many things for the mind to wander to! On today's agenda ... camcorders! We have a big old clunky one (well, okay, Hi-8) that worked just fine for C's baby-dom, but it's been 5 years and technology has both improved and shrunk. We're getting a new one! I want one that will easily sync with the mac so that I can not only upload quicktime movies to the blog, but I also want to be able to burn mei mei and jie jie discs for the family.

The trouble is, despite a diploma hanging on my wall (okay, packed up in a box in the attic) that says I have a bachelor's degree in film, I have NO IDEA what camera to get. I know I want to have separate sound and picture tracks (my little Cybershot takes great mpeg movies, but if you edit them in iMovie, there is no sound. Who knew?).

So I've harassed all our friends, and this is the one I think we're going to buy. If anyone has other suggestions, comments, input or just general meanderings on the subject, please let me know! Sony - MiniDV Handycam Camcorder w/2.5" SwivelScreen Color LCD Monitor - DCR-HC36

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home